Get alerts in Slack, or your team's communication tool.
You can also receive notifications and daily & weekly digests by email Find out more >
Configure team notifications via Project Settings > Team notifications. Integrations with the following services are available:
- Slack: Setup guide >
Select the notifications that you want to receive from the Notify me when section. The following notification types are available:
- This project has a spike in errors will notify you when there is an overall spike in all the errors that match your filter. Learn more >
- This project has a new release will notify you every time a new release in a selected release stage is detected either from a received session or error, or reported to the Build API.
- A new error occurs will notify you if the first event of an error (per release stage) matches your filters.
- An error occurs frequently will notify you when an error receives x events in y hours that match your filters, where you can define the number of events (x) and the time interval (y).
- An error milestone is reached will notify you when the number of events of an error (per release stage) reaches a milestone, and the event matches your filters. The milestones are the 10th, 1000th, 1000th event then each additional 1000 events.
- Every time an error occurs will notify you every time an event matching your filters is received.
- An error is automatically reopened will notify you when an error that has been marked as fixed or snoozed (and matches your filters) receives an event that causes the error to be reopened.
- A collaborator comments on an error will notify you when a collaborator on your project adds a comment to an error that matches your filter.
- A collaborator changes the state of an error will notify you when a collaborator on your project manually changes the state of an error that matches your filter, for example marking an error as fixed.
Notifications can configured using Basic filters or Advanced filters.
Basic filtering for notifications is provided for severity, type, and release stage.
- Filter by release stage: Select the release stage(s) that you want to receive notifications about from the Release stage dropdown.
- Filter by type: Receive notifications for either handled or unhandled errors only. Find out more >
- Filter by severity: Select the severity option(s) that you want to include in your filter from the Severity toggle.
- Filter by status: Select the status option(s) that you want to include in your filter from the Status toggle.
Advanced filtering leverages Bookmarks to enable you to filter a notification based on any field you can filter on using the filter bar. Advanced filtering is available on Standard and Enterprise plans.
- Create desired filters using the filter bar: From the Inbox or Timeline, create filters to match the errors you want to receive notifications for. Learn more >
- Save filters as a Bookmark: Select + Bookmark current search and name your bookmark. Select Share this bookmark with my team if this bookmark is being used for an integration. Email notifications can use either personal or shared bookmarks.
- Select the bookmark for your notification: Open the configuration for your desired notification, select Advanced filter, and pick the bookmark that you created.
Some ideas for useful notifications include:
- New errors in a release: Create a bookmark for errors introduced in your desired release, and configure a notification when a new error occurs.
- There is a spike in errors for your most valuable users: Create a bookmark matching errors that occur for your most valuable users, and configure a notification when this project has a spike in errors.
- An error assigned to someone in your team starts occurring frequently: Create a bookmark matching errors that are assigned to any collaborator in your team, and configure a notification when an error occurs frequently.